Pages

'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday 26 January 2018

2018 Anticipated Reads: Part 4

Hi everyone, here is my fourth and final post on my most anticipated reads of 2018!

Let me know what titles you are most looking forward to in 2018 in the comments or over on Twitter at @_LeahReads_



Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell

OK so this isn't a new title, as you all know, but this is one of my all time favourite books and I'm a bit of an edition collector! This year Penguin are releasing a stunning edition in the Penguin English Library collection and I'm absolutely besotted by the cover. Get on my shelf!





Pierce Brown's Red Rising: Sons of AresPierce Brown's Red Rising: Sons of Ares by Pierce Brown, Rik Hoskin

I am a huge Pierce Brown/ Red Rising fangirl and a Howler from head to toe, so when this graphic novel was announced set in the world of the best-selling books, I knew it was something that I was going to have to have. The artwork looks to be stunning and I can guarantee that the writing is going to be perfection. 


The Immortalists: The New York Times Top Ten Bestseller



The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin 

Something I have been trying to do more of lately is to read wider and to journey back into adult fiction. The Immortalists sounds absolutely amazing following the paths of two siblings who must decide whether to follow the prophecies predicted to them by a fortune teller. It sounds mystical and intriguing so I can't wait for it to pop out onto the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).