Pages

'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday 21 November 2015

REVIEW: A Girl's Best Friend - Lindsey Kelk

A Girl’s Best FriendTitle: A Girl's Best Friend
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Series: A Girl #3
Publisher: Harper Collins
Source: Review Copy
Publication Date: 5th November, 2015


A festive treat from the author of the bestselling I HEART series First Tess was a girl with a plan. Then she was a girl with a dream. Now she’s a girl who’s come back to earth with a bump. When the opportunity arises to join her best friend, Amy, in New York for Christmas, Tess jumps at the chance. The only fly in ointment is that Nick, the man who broke her heart, lives there. And Charlie, the man she turned down, has just started talking to her again. And she has just four days to take a photo for a competition that could save her career. But aside from that, everything is going to be great: it’ll be the best Christmas ever. Won’t it?
Lindsey Kelk strikes again in the third book of her A Girl series. A Girl's Best Friend is as hysterical as the first two and I devoured it. This world and these friendships that Lindsey has created are so additive and guaranteed to keep you entertained from the first page to the last. The third book follows Tess's life back in London and New York following her adventures in Milan and Hawaii and needless to say, she manages to get herself into as much shit as in the last two books.

Tess and Amy are easily some of my most favourite characters. I love their personalities, their attitudes and their friendship is a thing of beauty. Settling down with these two ladies gives me such a content and cosy feeling. It's like meeting up with two old friends and hearing about what they've been up to this time. As well as their friendships, their love lives are so hysterical and I don't understand how Tess manages to get herself into such bizarre situations. I have always been Team Nick so I was really looking forward to seeing where things were going to go in this book. Things were less than ideal at the end of the last!

A Girl's Best Friend was another unputdownable read by Lindsey Kelk. I laughed, I gasped and I cringed the whole way through and I loved every minute of it. Christmas time will be a time where I finally curl up with the I Heart series - Lindsey's writing is so light and honest and I can't wait to lose myself with more of er characters. They are so honest and so familiar that it's impossible not to relate with them. I hope there's another to come in the A Girl series because I can't get enough of Tess Brookes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).